• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New challenges with keyboard control + mouse

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not claiming to be doing things correctly, but is anyone else have trouble doing things you've done for years?

Example: Previously I could hold down the Option + Command keys when selecting an object or group and easily make and move a copy. I'm getting mixed results now...it does work sometimes.  Other times it doesn't seem to do anything, but later I find it's left a duplicate copy of the group. Other times I get a copy and start moving it, but after moving it about an inch it bounces back (even when I'm not anywhere near the page or screen edge). I'm using muscle memory from decades of using Illustrator. Either something has changed (and why?), or something is hinky.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had this problem myself when using a mouse - I hold the Option key to drag out a copy a lot. Do you need to hold Command for something else when you are drag-copying with Option?  Like Direct Selection?  I wonder if it has something to do with that. I have a bluetooth keyboard that has been dropping out lately when I have a tablet connected so I wonder if it's a keyboard/tablet problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keyboard short cuts https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

says 

Copying objects in perspectiveCtrl + Alt + dragCommand + Alt + drag

Are you in perspective mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines