New Computer, Old Files, Illustrator replaces all fonts with default font

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I just recieved a new computer (Monteray), running same version of Illustrator as old computer 26.3.1. When I open multiple files created on old computer, fonts are automatically replaced with the default font without warning that a font was not found. When I go to Type/Find/Replace Fonts, it doesn't even show the actual font as a part of the document so that it can be replaced. — It never indicates that a font was missing. It simple opens with the default font in place of multiple fonts and their varied weights. (Yes, I manually added 600 fonts to the Go/Library/Fonts folder. The font is listed and usable in the Charatcter Font Family dropdown.) Does anyone have a fix or suggestion for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of fonts are they? Adobe Fonts? Type1 fonts?

You did manually install them - via a font manager?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika. They are .OTF. Apple Fonts. Yes and Yes. — After more personal troubleshooting I've narrowed the problem down to either being 1) within Adobe Illustrator installation files, 2) a setting or a plist within Illustrator somewhere, or 3) the font not being in the right place for Illustrator to read it. — It's Apple's SF Pro font. I've installed, uninstalled, and deleted them (it's a set) multiple times from the font folders via Library/Font and User/Font folder. I've added, removed, validated and resolved duplicates directly from FontBook. I've uninstalled, downgraded, and reinstalled and upgraded Illustrator 3 times. I've deleted my cache and prefrence lists from Library/Illustrator. I've deleted the files from the remote servers where the file is stored, saved them from the old computer directly, loaded them to my desktop (so that they are local, not remove, pulls). Still. Nothing. Works. — I open the file local file on the newly installed version of Illustrator and it still automatically replaces all Apple SF Pro fonts & weights with 12 point Myriad as if SF isn't the original font style. When I go to Find/Replace Fonts, it only recognizes the one other font in the document as changable - it doesn't even recognize that Myriad is a second font present (even though that's what it is using) to be change to something else. — Any thoughts or suggestions??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines