• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie dumb question

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am totally new so excuse this question. I'm trying to create a simple text only poster, with font thats already in Adobe.   When I export as a png, the letters are pixelated and the image, even though I chose the A4 option, is way too zoomed in to fit a 11x14 poster paper.  

1. please let me know what settings I should be using to get a clear png

2. Of all the online resources I have studied, none have helped me figure this out. Is there a good resource you recommend for some just doing this as a hobby?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a raster format so the text will be converted from vector to pixels. To minimize the pixelization you could choose a very high resolution, minimum 800 ppi.

You could also try saving as PNG24 which should give the appearance of smoother edges. (File > Export > Save for Web Legacy, and put a checkmark on Transparency in the upper right of the dialog box.

If you have a choice, save with a vector file format such as EPS, AI, or SVG, not PNG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if your aim is to print then save your file as pdf to get better output for PNG if you want for logo or something save for web or export as PNG where you can control resolution and dpi...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lambiloon that PDF is a good choice for print. It supports both raster and vector. 

Your print vendor will need to have the same fonts you are using. Otherwise, you should save a copy with editable text for your use in case you need to edit the text. Then, select the text, Type > Create Outlines save as PDF for your print vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your print vendor will need to have the same fonts you are using."

In a PDF the fonts are subsetted and embedded. The printer does not need the fonts unless he has to edit the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a simple text only poster...

When I export as a png...

Whatever it was that led you to believe export to PNG was correct workflow for a "text only poster" is where things went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses. OK so I just tried with PDF and its still blurry.  

Here are my steps, Please tell me what I am missing:

1. Open new A4

2. Create Text box, type out text

3.Select text and create outlines

4. Change size of artboard to 11x14 (the size im trying to print).  I have also tried skipping this and also same failed results. 

5. Then Export As, png and now PDF. 

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could show screenshots of all the blurriness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5. Then Export As, png and now PDF. 

Why is png in there? Everyone above said save straight to pdf.

png is raster = blurry.

pdf is bezier = sharp.

Also open new A4? why if you want 11x14? Start with the size you want.

Select text create outlines? why, again read above, pdf sub sets for the glyphs you use, no need to create outlines.

New file, 11x14, Type your text. Do a save (ai) just for backup, do a save as to .pdf. Give to printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines