• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie Question: Evening space between separate lines of text

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie here.  I have separate text boxes that I need to have an even amount of spacing between them.  The character window seems to be for things that exist within the SAME text box.  How do I align separate text boxes to have even horizontal distribution between each one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 different width text boxes with placeholder text.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 4.56.28 PM.png

Select the right hand text box and move it to line up where you want the right side text to line up.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Shift-select all 3 text boxes and open Align Window

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 4.57.54 PM.png

And go to Distribute Spacing Horizontally.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 4.58.14 PM.png

Hope this helps,

jodmcc49

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It is not working to align the spacing of my text lines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a screen dump where we see the text areas (or if you are useing Point type, if you are useing point type then it is the reference points tahat are distributed and you must first convert to Area Type before you can distrubute space as @jodmcc49  explains). 

If you get a filled dot on the right of your text it is Area you can doubble click the adornment to switch between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only going to work if your text bounding box is tight to the text.

With the selection tool (v) double click the far right circle sticking out of the text box - it's probably blue. (Yeah I'm sure it has a name but I don't know it! (someone?))

This will convert your "point type" to "area type" and your text bounding box will shrink to touch the text bounds (double click the now white circle, cos point type is better for future manipulation, the bounding box will stay in place).

Now do the align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Align panel menu, make sure that Show Options is selected so that the panel expands.

image.png

Select all 3 text boxes. Click once on the box that you don't want to move. It will get a heavy line around it.

Type in the amount of space you want between text boxes and click the appropriate align icon.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines