• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question - making svgs for Cricut guidance

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm very new! So many questions, apologies!

Can anyone tell me where in AI I would create svgs similar to these? These are for using with a Cricut machine to cut vinyl for different shapes of acrylic/wood. Do I need mad skills to design similar for specific sized items? 😅 For the tickets it's the outline only I want to be able to make but the Xmas designs are more intricate. Any help appreciated! I've been buying svgs to create my physical items but would love to learn to make my own! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THose are mostly rather simple shapes to build them. Then some text.

You need to know how to outline what and how to use the Pathfinder panel or Shapebuilder tool.

You could also check out clip art elements, such as for the single houses or paws or other elements. And then combine them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for replying! Are there clipart elements within the Adobe suite or do you mean purchase them elsewhere? Ideally I'd like to make myself if possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be elements in the symbol libraries.

But you could also check out the Free elements on Adobe Stock (make sure to read the legal stuff).

There  are other stock websites. Or you could check out dingbat fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you're familiar with Illustrator's tool set and effects it would be relatively easy to "reverse engineer" how those graphics were made. I'd recommend experimenting with the tools and watching how-to videos (there are many of them out there).

When creating your own graphics you can do it from scratch within Illustrator or take other approaches. Some people like sketching ideas on paper before getting in front of a computer. They might even refine the sketch, scan it and use the drawing as a guide. Lock it on a layer and build clean vector art on top of it. The same thing can be done using an iPad and Apple Pencil or a Wacom Cintiq setup (some of that stuff gets expensive though). The point is different methods are there to do the same job; you just have to experiment and have fun finding out what process works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines