• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No fonts showing up in illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i open up the font dropdown, there are no results, not even the adobe standard fonts.

My illustrator is up to date, and I have tried resetting preferences, re-installing illustrator, and re-installing fonts (and restarting laptop).

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

font_1.jpgfont_2.jpg

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Thanks for trying the steps. I would suggest you try the following steps one by one and check if it resolves the issue or not:

1. Manually reset preferences
    - Close all Adobe applications.
    - Go to Location C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and
    Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old
    - Launch Ai from the CC desktop app.
    Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we need more information to help you. Do you use the latest version of Adobe Illustrator? Which OS are you running the software on? Do you use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course.

I do have the latest version, 26.2.1. I use Windows, and use no font manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also important to add, fonts do show up in other adobe apps (photoshop, AE, indesign...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @plshelpthanks,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request you to please try the steps suggested in the help article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I've followed the steps, and there is no change to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. I would suggest you try the following steps one by one and check if it resolves the issue or not:

1. Manually reset preferences
    - Close all Adobe applications.
    - Go to Location C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and
    Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old
    - Launch Ai from the CC desktop app.
    Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will
    launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is
    mentioned above.
  2. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  3. If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  4. If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my late reply!

I tried the first step and it fixed my problem, thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @Hannahbg. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I have a similar issue with just one font. It works in all Adobe programs but not Illustrator. I have tried your steps above but none have worked. Is there anything else i can try? I fear it may be a Windows 10 glitch and has already wasted half a day of my time.

Thanks,

Immy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the font? Was it downloaded from a free font site? Do you have other fonts from free font sites loaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @b25130432odz4,

I am sorry to hear about that. Would you mind confirming the Font name? Also, if possible, please share the font file with us. We will check it at our end.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines