• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more Pantone libraries in Adobe CC applications?!

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else upset that Adobe is ditching Pantone libraries and won't offer them in Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop starting in March 2022?! Please see this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

This infurates me. And the "workarounds" are even more ridiculous, asking us to use old Pantone libraries or old versions of Adobe CC. Who has the time to go back and forth between different versions of CC? I would send Adobe an email directly but I'm finding it extremely difficult to contact them... anyone have an email where I can reach the executive that made this decision?!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shouldn't you be furious at Pantone? perhaps they changed their license model? 

read the user comments on their latest plugin

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103029.pantone-connect.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm furious at both Adobe and Pantone for not resolving this in a professional way. I don't use the Pantone Connect app (it sounds terrible... thanks for sharing the link with the comments).

If Pantone was really being unreasonable, why would Adobe not allow us to use the old Pantone libraries in the latest versions of Adobe applications? Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Pantone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming we could still use the same Pantone libraries we have today if future releases won't pre-install them, make sure you save a copy of them just in case.

by the way, the help article mentions they're still working out a possible solution...and to stay tuned. The workaround below the notice box is old, it's related to Pantone changing the cymk to lab definition years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines