Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to activate illustrator CS3 and Photoshop CS4 in Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,

we having illustrator CS3 and Photoshop CS4 license. Installed both the software in windows 10 PC. Illustrator CS3 is not activate by internet  and Photoshop CS4 serial key is showing invalid with right key.

Could you please clarify and suggest how to activate both the software in windows 10 PC.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to activate version CS3 apps on line (no servers available). You would have to contact Adobe support for activating it and likely solve the CS4 app one. BUT the serious problems is that those versions of over 10 years ago were develop for Windows 7/8 compatibility, not with Windows 10. 

Either you move to current Creative Cloud scheme, or if you just wish to keep using those obsolete versions, use a PC with Windows 7/8 installed, also outdated and unsupported by Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

I'm already tried to get chat/phone support, but agents told for older version of license support stopped by this way. So i have contacted to adobe by this way. Could you please share any other way to contact adobe support. 

We are from Yamaha Motors production company, this's very critical stage and its impact our normal operation.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have the license for photoshop cs4 also. is it possible to continue this product in windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an installer and your serial number still works, you can try. Be prepared that it doesn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this document for your issue with CS4 serial number:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

BUT I have told you initially, those versions will not work with Windows 10, they were designed to run with Windows 7/8.

Would happen the same if you were using Apple OSX)

Your best bet is use a PC with Windows 7 and those versions, though CS3 will not be able to validate . And do not ever update the OS. You have to keep stuck in 2008 (Adobe and MS Windows versions).

Out of there, just subscribe to current Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fookin crooks! Schemers!!! I lost all credibilty for Adobe. There is absolutely no reason why this program shouldn't be compatible with Windows 10. My other 64 bit Windows 7 programs work - no problem! They did this because they want you to spend more money with them. It is criminal to do this intentionally. They knew exactly what they were doing when they turned off the servers. I hope somebody finds a solution because they don't deserve my money. I paid for a perpetual product, I should have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facts:

Current versions (Creative Cloud) only work on Mac OSX and Windows 10 not older than about 2 years aproximately.

But, surprise they still will work on Windows 7. That was the OS used during development of those versions. 

Please  read the linked info documents were it explains how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator CS4 worked on my Windows 10 Pro v20H2 OS Build 19042.1466 a couple of months ago. Trial period expired on the install. I currently pay monthly for the Adobe Creative Cloud, but I would gladly pay for a license, fully accepting that it is no longer supported. It sounds silly, but I only need CS4 for an older plugin called Tessella, which I use to create tessellations:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRmgW1nvUZ/ .

I haven't been able to find any plugin that works as well.

I tried contacting Adobe support to see if there was any way to purchase a license for Illustrator CS4, but I spoke to two men who didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines