• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Color 'None' displays a solid color?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having an issue where when I place a new object or anything that could have a solid fill with the color 'None' meaning transparent, it shows up as a solid color?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

JustAverage_0-1636876242798.png

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Ah the good old close and reopen Illustrator solution 😉 Good to hear it's now working. If the problem occurs again let us know and post some screen captures of your Layers, Properties and Appearance panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening for all of your Illustrator files? Does it happen if you create a new document?

Does it happen if you create a new layer? Could you have accidentally applied a Fill or an Effect to a Layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no effects, just that particular file (I started from scratch like 15 minutes ago), it didn't affect other documents, I didn't confirm if it had done the same on other layers. 100% no fill or effects though and it happened to every new object I created. 

So it was solved by deleting all those objects from the file then saving it and reloading the file which made the issue disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay not sure exactly what the issue was but I deleted all the objects that had the same properties as that one and saved the file and reopened the file and now its good again.

But there is a bug that caused the block to be a solid color and all consecutive blocks to get the same properties. Not exactly sure what caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah the good old close and reopen Illustrator solution 😉 Good to hear it's now working. If the problem occurs again let us know and post some screen captures of your Layers, Properties and Appearance panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines