• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object not expanding but options are there

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew an object, colored it in, then expanded it. Object, stroke and fill were all checked off in the dialog box when I expanded it. I noticed some issues so I decided to click on object> expand again. Now, stroke and fill were checked off in the dialog box which usually only pops up the first and only time I expand an object. I hit okay and kept clicking object > expand a few more times and the same dialog box kept popping up with stroke and fill checked off making me assume they are were not yet expanded. This object has lots of detail and when I expanded other objects I drew, this did not happen for them. 

anyone know what is happening?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to know anything if you don't provide screenshots of the artwork and layers palette. Perhaps you simply crerated a hyper complicated structure somewhere or used a raster-based effect that interacts with other elments and thus cannot be converted without loss of appearance. Anyway, you have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I didn't make this in layers; I don't work in layers unless by accident. How would I take a picture of a layers palette? See attached. I drew the flower with the blob brush and colored it in with the paintbucket and now I'm expanding it. It was straightfoward unless I accidentally did a shortcut for something. I don't know what a raster based effect  is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to check what still needs to be expanded you go into Outline view.And then compare that with the Preview. And if there still is a live stroke, then you just run the "Outline stroke" function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I see if there is a live stroke? This is what I see in outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A live stroke is only one line. An outlined stroke looks like a shape.

I think it would make some sense for you to properly learn using this application. You could do that by working through the documentation. Or reading a book. Or taking an online course such as LinkedIn. Or by attending an in-person class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm taking a class in February but until then I need help. I do research before I post and just don't understand everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines