• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object scaling issue (Illustrator 26.0.3)

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to scale an ellipse in the Transform panel with constrain proportions enabled but the result always ends up unproportional. Not sure if I unknowlingly have some setting checked (have checked align to pixel grid is off) or if this is a bug. See screen recording

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

I think that I have seen similar misbehaviours in the latest versions of Illustrator.

As far as I can see it depends on the Use Preview bounds option (see flyout menu of the Align palette or in the application preferences). One state (use or not use it) seems to cause the issue. Probably it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e s,

I am afraid nothing comes up when clicking the attachment.

Maybe too silly, but what happens if you hold Ctrl/Cmd ans press Enter after changing the W/H value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the result after typing in 2mm H x 2mm W. Holding cmd down didn't change anything.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.29.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if updating to 26.1 helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I have seen similar misbehaviours in the latest versions of Illustrator.

As far as I can see it depends on the Use Preview bounds option (see flyout menu of the Align palette or in the application preferences). One state (use or not use it) seems to cause the issue. Probably it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning this off seemed to work! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the link between the Height and Width is already enabled in the Transform panel, type in the 2mm in either field and press Return or Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that what I was doing, but it changes to the random sizes after I've hit enter. Seems to be okay after turning off Use Preview Bounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines