Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Objected remain opaque although it is set at 100% opacity

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I was exporting drawings from Autocad to Illustrator and it seems like some of the lines remain transparent although it is set at full opacity? I have tried using the Apparence panel, but it hasn't worked. I've been using Illustrator for quite a while now and this issue came recently. 

Screenshot 2021-11-12 130935.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select one of the transparent lines and show the appearance panel anyway?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Shift+F6, the entire panel on the right side dissapears. It doesn't seem like the apparence box is showing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked if you would select one of the lines and show the appearance panel. I'm not sure how else I can explain.

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.25.18.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see what you mean from this screenshot, it looks like a black line is selected that is slightly offset to the right from two double gray lines behind it. Are you saying that when you de-select it disappears?

Is it part of a group, in a clipping mask, covered by a layer above?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your image it is hard to see where you have a problem.

Opacity is just one property of a fill or stroke, it can be applied at any level ov heirarchy, Stroke, Fill, Object or Group.

There is also the concept of stacking or masking that can cause a stroke not to be visible.

Opacity is closely related to Blending Modes, and combining graphics depending on the individual colours and blend modes may produce results so that the top or bottom image is rendered other than it is created.

An object above another object will normally hide the object bellow.

Clipping and Maskling let you hide an object/group. 

The best place to see this is by learning to understand to decode information in the Layers and Appearance Pannel. If there is any kind of transparency or complex appearance you will see a filled circle next to the object. A stroke under an item heirarchy above the item you are having trouble with denotes that that object is Clipping, A Dashed Stroke under an object implies that that object has an Opacity Mask. I will not delve into Opacity Masks at this point more than to say that they exist.

To be able to help we would need ti clearly understant what you are expecting and what you are seeing as well as seeing a screenshot of the Layers (with the problem selected) and possibly the Appearance Panel (it the Appearance target is filled in)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try to group ungroup these drawings , and then check appreance pannel and transparency panel , also check your color swatch in swatches pannel the cmyk ratio , check as well layers panel in illustrator if there is an  issue there, if not correct then reset illustrator 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines