Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects changing color when saving as a PDF

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a logo in the background of my design. When I save it as a PDF to print, the logos in the background change color to a more white version and becomes much more visible. When I save it as a PNG, it stays normal and how I want it to be.

I've tried changing color mode between RGB and CMYK, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Please download Acrobat and then test it. The Reader should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the color mode of the document is which?

Do the colors also change when you open the file in Acrobat?

How is your color management set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment the color mode is CMYK, but the problem occurs for both color modes.

I don't use/have Acrobat, so I am not sure.

I have the same design in a white and black version, but the problem only happens for this version in green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In editing mode the design is perfectly fine, so I believe the problem happens in the saving/exporting phase. Suddenly the logos in the background turn white and more visible..I don't understand this at all..

As I said, saving as a PNG isn't a problem, so I really don't know what's going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download Acrobat and then test it. The Reader should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I don't use/have Acrobat.

What are you using? It might just be junk, or not set up correctly. Why not use Acrobat? Adobe did invent it, so their apps will use it best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using built-in preview on MacBook to preview PDF-files. There is no need to pay for Acrobat if I'm not going to use it.

However, it would be weird if the preview on MacBook is different than Acrobat. This problem only occurs on this specific file, and there has never been a problem with the preview function on MacBook. It's hard to see where the problem comes from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to pay for Acrobat. Use the Reader.

Preview cannot be trusted with PDFs. And it is causing issues by the dozen. When viewing your PDF with Acrobat I do not see any color change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find where Acrobat could be downloaded for free.

Anyways, I tried sending the same file to my friend who opened it on her phone. Problem still exists. I might think you don't get what I'm trying to say here. I have tried several different preview options for the PDF file, and the problem does not go away. Preview on MacBook has worked completely fine with other files and projects, so I'm having a hard time trusting the preview suddenly starting to show me errors on the file.

I'm getting the design redone and hopefully the problem will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preview can not be trusted with PDFs.

Here is your screenshot and how Acrobat sees the file. 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-13 um 22.20.39.png

And here is Reader: https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines