Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Objects jumping around when moving

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have done the latest Illustrator update, sometimes when I go to move an object with the selection tool, holding shift to keep the object level, the object won't move where I want it to. A green circle with a plus sign in the middle of it appears, and the object jumps all over the screen or jumps back to where it was, and makes a sound. It is very frustrating. It isn't a snapping issue. I have never had this problem until recently.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @SPEEDBALL 2.0,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind resetting the Illustrator v26.5 preferences and checking if that helps?

If it doesn't, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic Mouse or touchpad & sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue would be really helpful for us?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super frustrating. I have this problem in Illustrator 26.5, macOS Monterey 12.4 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max 14 tum, 2021. Had this problem, but then it disappeared and now it is back again. Cannot work in Illustrator any more. What is going on? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SPEEDBALL 2.0,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind resetting the Illustrator v26.5 preferences and checking if that helps?

If it doesn't, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic Mouse or touchpad & sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue would be really helpful for us?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines