• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

odd Illustrator/After Effects issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So I'm having a really bizarre issue with Illustator. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, so hopefully these screenshots will fill in the gaps. All of my Illustrator files accross all of my drives no longer show the .ai file icon in File Explorer - instead appearing as blank pages (see screenshot). I can open them normally. I can edit them normally. I can even save them. But if I try to import them into After Effects, the resulting comp just shows a black screen. I suspect this has something to do with the icon error, but I'm not sure what. Really, I have no clue. I've updated both apps to no avail. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but Illustrator has no option to save files under the 2023 update - only 2020 and legacy versions. Again, they still save and open properly within Illustrator 2023, but something is funky with cross-app functionality. Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Screenshot (52).png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating again seemed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines