• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd redraw issues in AI

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This vid shows odd display artifacts in Adobe Illustrator. Not only does the info box to the right of the cursor not show up correctly but the control points and path seem a bit off as well. This will happen with simple and complex art. It's happened on a 2020 27" 5k iMac as well as a brand new iMac Mini (m2) with 16 gigs of ram, with nothing else running at the same time. Doesn't matter if I'm in wireframe, normal or overprint preview mode. Any advice on fixing this?

https://youtu.be/f0BNIrwX5wY

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

How far are you zoomed it?

16 GB of RAM isn't that much for a complex document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep everything updated
AI v 27.4
Mac Mini M2
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

As far as the 16 gigs goes, that video I attached is a very simple document with just some outlined copy and that text you can see me move around.
The issue also happens on my 2020 imac with 40gigs of ram. With the M2 chip, its supposedly so efficient that they max out at 24gig. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for any kind of help on this one... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ColdFyre,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) you are having trouble with, so we can check it on our end?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably about 85% of the files I work with. It happens with simple and complex files. Sometimes it only happens when I turn overprint preview, somenomes it doesn't matter if I'm in wireframe.
I'll be happy to supply more screen recordings as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines