• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

offset path

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to implement offset path function in C++ using adobe illustrator SDK? I want to write an offset path function using the illustrator SDK, the working of the function is the same as being used in adobe illustrator itself. click the path, offset path, get the dialog box, enter offset limit, and click ok. can anybody help me in this regard?  

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Good news: your question has been answered here on this forum a few years ago! Since Adobe changed the forum format, though, it's nearly impossible to find things anymore, so you'll need a bit of luck and patience to find it.

I wrote a plugin that incorporated that info, but I develop using Hot Door's CORE so including my code here probably won't be very helpful.

Essentially, you create an Action message in your code and send that to Illustrator. I hope that helps -- Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: your question has been answered here on this forum a few years ago! Since Adobe changed the forum format, though, it's nearly impossible to find things anymore, so you'll need a bit of luck and patience to find it.

I wrote a plugin that incorporated that info, but I develop using Hot Door's CORE so including my code here probably won't be very helpful.

Essentially, you create an Action message in your code and send that to Illustrator. I hope that helps -- Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select path try to use this code:

AIActionParamValueRef vref;
sAIActionManager->AINewActionParamValue(&vref);
AIReal offset_l = 5;
AIReal limit = 4;
const char* type = "Round"; //Round Miter Bevel
sAIActionManager->AIActionSetUnitReal(vref, 1868985204, 592476268, offset_l);
sAIActionManager->AIActionSetReal(vref, 1835627634, limit);
sAIActionManager->AIActionSetEnumerated(vref, 1785623664, type, 0);
sAIActionManager->PlayActionEvent("ai_plugin_offset", dialogStatus, vref);
sAIActionManager->AIDeleteActionParamValue(vref);

you can try to record Action and save aia  open and Read to understand   ><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am new to AI SDK but I am trying hard to learn it. up until now, I was trying to build this offset path function using arthandle and aipath suites, but no luck. your code seems reasonable but still hard for me to build the complete function, I would like to make a request to you that if you can elaborate on this function, I shall be very thankful to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can some explain what is going on here? offset path is not avaible for me why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because that is an image (composed of pixels), not vectors (paths and whatnot). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines