• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

on Ipad - files opening, but cannot do anything to them.

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 5 Illustrator files, none are bigger than 7Mb. Wifi connection is very good, iPad is new and has lots of juice. But this week, I cannot edit or modify the files. They open, then they just sit there, and when I try to close them they take forever to save, despite having nothing changed on them. I end up having to close Illustrator instead. Not sure what has happened as they were working fine two weeks ago. Its a big problem because I need to be able to be mobile with these files.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reading. 

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first trouble shooting step I would try is powering down the iPad and re-starting it. If the problem persists then re-installing Illustrator could do the trick. Are you running the latest version of Illustrator on your iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, yes the latest version. Have tried the on/off, reinstall, etc etc. SO frustrating.  Thanks for answering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like synching issues with your Creative Cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I now really need t just get tbhe work done, and once its awaiting its next reviews I can try this fix 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @thisisrachelforreal,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to revert to an older version of your Cloud Document and checking if it helps:

To view the version history for a cloud document in Illustrator on the iPad, do the following:

• Go to Home screen > Your files.
  • Tap the 3 dots below the thumbnail of a cloud document and choose View version history.
  • The version history is displayed. You can rename the version or mark a history version to save it.

If the issue persists, kindly share a link to a cloud document you are having trouble with (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html#:~:text=Share%20links%20to%20a%20cloud%20docu...) so that we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Anubhav, thanks for your reply. As said above, I will just keep working on the files on the iMac for now and will then get back to you once they are on their way. Had taken a train journey to a client last week with them when this happened and had to come back having done no work. :-(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines