Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity issues

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been experiencing some issues with the opacity of objects. 

For example, I want to change the opacity of an object so that I can see the object behind but it's not working... The only thing that change is the opacity of the color but not the entire object like if the rectangle (for example) have a white background (full opacity) and another opacity just for the color...

Thank you for helping!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Thank you, I cannot find the reason for this behaviour, but if you cut and paste the contents in a new document, it behaves like it should.

Looks like a corrupt document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots that include the Appearance panel and the Layers panel for the selected objects.

Please embed screenshots in your post and describe what we are supposed to see in them. Also: how is this expeted to look like?

Did you check out CPU preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text behind the object.pngObject with 50% opacity.pngObject with 100% opacity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a simple example file with the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to but the file doesn't appear when published... Can I send you by email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC filesharing, Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google are ways to share, or try to attach a PDF with Illustrator editing on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I cannot find the reason for this behaviour, but if you cut and paste the contents in a new document, it behaves like it should.

Looks like a corrupt document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You were right, everything is fine when I put the content in a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that worked, it will remain a mistery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First test if this is a redraw issue, what happens if you print one page or export to pdf or jpg?

This would happen if you had for example an extra white fill.

MikeGondek_0-1679581156407.png

You can also try changing the transparency blend mode to mutiply, removing the 50% opacity and making the color yellow 50.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you change the Opacity percentage in the Opacity panel and not the percentage of a Global swatch in the Color panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton's assumption is probably right.

To check that straightforwardly, it would help if you could share a sample Illustrator file with some further instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines