• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open DXF2000 file and get a "text import options" window.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open a DXF2000 file and I get a "Text Import Options" window instead of the scaling window I am supposed to get.   I have followed many other posts here and have installed a new C++ runtime  and tried to regress to AI v. 25.4.1 ( the oldest I have access to with CC)  I am new to AI.  How do I get around this problem?  Screanshots are in reverse order....  Thanks for any help!2021-12-13 (1).png2021-12-13.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I am using AI on a Windows 10 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file does have a .dxf suffix, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to export the dxf file? does it have options to export to different types of dxf? try them all to see which one works with illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files were exported from AutoCAD 2021.  I used DXF 2000 which I understand is the most widely used format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johanna22217898bf1n,

It seems like you're facing challenges opening a DXF2000 file in Illustrator, encountering the "Text Import Options" window instead of the expected scaling window. This issue might be related to the content or structure of the DXF file.

To better assist you, could you please share the DXF file with us? You can upload it to a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the link here.

Additionally, let us know where the file is saved, as sometimes issues arise from the file location.

We'll do our best to help you resolve this!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

I am encountering this exact issue.  Please find a link to my file below.  Can you please advise? Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4F3g2WKFe4A9XQJuRKH9qX739yHI6IB/view?usp=share_link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anshul,

Could you advise what was the solution?

I'm facing the same problem...

Kind regards,

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines