Open DXF2000 file and get a "text import options" window.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open a DXF2000 file and I get a "Text Import Options" window instead of the scaling window I am supposed to get.   I have followed many other posts here and have installed a new C++ runtime  and tried to regress to AI v. 25.4.1 ( the oldest I have access to with CC)  I am new to AI.  How do I get around this problem?  Screanshots are in reverse order....  Thanks for any help!2021-12-13 (1).png2021-12-13.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I am using AI on a Windows 10 system.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file does have a .dxf suffix, right?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to export the dxf file? does it have options to export to different types of dxf? try them all to see which one works with illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files were exported from AutoCAD 2021.  I used DXF 2000 which I understand is the most widely used format.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines