Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Opening DXF crashes illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting linework from Rhino 6 as a dxf file and beginning today, every time I try to open a DXF file, illustrator stops responding and eventually crashes. Everytime this happens, I have to force close it. I was using the most recent version of Illustrator. I've reverted back to different versions to see if it helps, but everything still crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled completely and nothing is working. I am an architecture student and I have a midterm next week so I am completely lost on what to do. 

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rebekah,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator?  Did you use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the app before reinstalling?

I'd also request you to share some sample DXF files with us. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines