• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimizing SVG export size?

Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that the exported SVGs are large in size sometimes compared to their bit mapped version. Why is that and will the browser optimize its load times or is it still better to go with the smaler file size bit map. Thus sacrificing scability?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vector files can in fact create a higher file size than a bitmap, e.g. when there are many paths and/or many points.

Apart from that: how exactly do you save them? Export for screens or Save as? And using which options?

And also: what's in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have experimented with both export and save for web and am not able ot get the file size down. On the specific one it is 1280X720 and has a 150dpi image with vector text. I asked a developer and in his opinion he says that browser load times are in file size only. I read that since SVG isessentially drawing coordinates the file size is not a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines