• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outline type to prep illustrator files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to prep files all the time for printing press. So everytime when the file is ready. I have to select all the type and create outline. and than save a new file for it. it's very ignoring. and I don't like that we always have like two different files for one jobs. one for original and one for outline. 

Is that a way I have just save out the illustrator file automatively become outline type?

We have to prep press files all the time.  

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to convert text to outline in any professional printing situation in this day and age.

And even if there is some archaic reason your "printer" requires it to be outline, they are perfectly capable of doing that themselves as necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your point of view. but all my print shop still request that (so outdate it ) so I still need to do that everyday. and one good reason they still wanna do that is because it guarantee that they type will never move.

I have to prep those files like 2-10 per week. So if anyone can help me to make this work flow easier that will be approached it. One thought, what about scripe??? is it possible can script for that or plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines