• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outline view mode problem

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch to outline view mode (ctrl+y) the lines seem distorted/not straight,

is there a way to fix this problem? 

I'm up to date version-wise and my graphics card is compatible, 

I don't know why it happens. It happens on all of my different ai files.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show preview mode to compare? Otherwise all I can see are non-straight lines, which look perfectly normal if the lines are... not-straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that my gris is also a bit off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grid*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check Preferences > General for a figure in the Constrain Angle box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Danarose, presuming you want a straight answer (sorry, it was stronger than I),

In addition to what Doug said, I believe you are distrubed, or maybe rather alerted, by the pixel nature of the screen:

The top path is selected so you have the bounding box in blue (presumably we are on the first/bottom Layer), more or less on top of the rightmost part of the top path.

Everything that might be expected to be horizontal appears as a very flat stair, down to the right, corresponding to about 1 pixel down for every 80 pixels right (furthermore the pale Bounding Box on top makes the top path look as a Dashed line.

The appearance of the stepwise/non straight appearence of the rightmost parts of the paths, and even curiouser of the bounding box, leads me to believe that you may have a Constraint Angle in the General Preferences that is about -0.7 degrees.

Edit: After posting I saw the new posts from an hour ago; I had only seen the OP and the first reply by Doug. A rift in the forum space time continuum?

In addition to the Constrain Angle, the rightmost horizontal straight part of the lower path is lower than the top of the curved part so I believe there must be a corner Anchor Point where they are joined; I believe you can cut at that Anchor Point and at the very top of the curved part, then delete the cut part, then extend the rightmost horizontal part to have its end right under the very top, then move it up, and rejoin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines