• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overflow Text on a path

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm giving my students an assignment where we copy and paste song lyrics on a path. When they copy and paste lengthy lyrics, they only get a few words of the lyrics show up, a lot of empty space, and the red + sign at the end. What is going on and how do I fix it? 

If they type out the lyrics, they have no issues. they can fill up the whole path. It is only when they paste. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help!!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would depend on what they're copying, and from where. If there are hard returns in the copied text, and there probably are, it would result in the overset condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate the help! I like the profile pic! I'm a late model racer here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the last visible character and do a forward delete, that should remove the paragraph return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. Now it is starting to make sense... So, if I have them copy the text in a regualr text box and take out the returns, they should be ok, correct? 

Thanks a bunch!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines