Pantone and Fonts

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe that Pantone colors won't be available in 2023 - and that all Type 2 fonts will no longer work. Not good!

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

In some cases Adobe Fonts may be the answer.

You can search for similar fonts or replace directly with an OTF of the same family either on the site or directly in the software. 

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

One of the easiest work arounds is to just install the pantone colors manually in your swatch panels from your current .acb files. Adobe has not stopped support for that format. They just wont include them in future releases.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - Type 1 fonts will no longer be supported on many platforms not just Adobe.

Also the Pantone situation has been well documented both on this forum and in other media.

Pantone decided to make their digital color book a subscription service and could not come to an agreement with Adobe.

There are work arounds for Pantone and also Open Type replacements for T1 fonts.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misspoke about the Type1 / 2 fonts. I know it has been well documented but I suspect it may be cumbersome.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases Adobe Fonts may be the answer.

You can search for similar fonts or replace directly with an OTF of the same family either on the site or directly in the software. 

Kevin Stohlmeyer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do feel your pain about the PANTONE colors. It makes me feel really glad that I have recently retired. Having to deal with the inevitable mess of explaining to clients why we would have to pay extra to use the PANTONE library is something that I am relieved not to have to face.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - and who has time for workarounds and how many clients will understand the details. So many clients think "Adobe" is a software, not a suite of product.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the easiest work arounds is to just install the pantone colors manually in your swatch panels from your current .acb files. Adobe has not stopped support for that format. They just wont include them in future releases.

Kevin Stohlmeyer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, good to know, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines