• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone LAB swatch in Library changes to CMYK when used

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having issues with my Pantone swatch in Adobe Illustrator’s Library. The swatch is saved to the Library with LAB settings, but when I select it it converts to CMYK forcing me to change it back to LAB and reenter the values every time I use it. I have hundreds of files that need Pantone colors which makes it a waste of valuable time. I’m attaching a youtube link of my screen to show what is happening. https://youtu.be/Pv4G7II95BM Is there a setting I need to use to solve this problem? Also, I’m using Illustrator 2023 (27.3.1) and Mac OS (10.15.7). 

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

There are many problems keeping color consistent when using CC libraries. I have been complaining since 2017 on Uservoice for Illustrator and Creativecloudassets, but see hardly any change.

The only workaround is to fill an object with the color (or multiple objects with color swatches, patterns, gradients, brushes) and add the object(s) to the CC library.

When you want to use them in another document, Alt drag them from the CC library and  delete the objects (or hit Escape before placing them).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many problems keeping color consistent when using CC libraries. I have been complaining since 2017 on Uservoice for Illustrator and Creativecloudassets, but see hardly any change.

The only workaround is to fill an object with the color (or multiple objects with color swatches, patterns, gradients, brushes) and add the object(s) to the CC library.

When you want to use them in another document, Alt drag them from the CC library and  delete the objects (or hit Escape before placing them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That workaround helped. At least it avoids any incorrect LAB value accidentally being input. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines