• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parameters

Guide ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to know what is this parameters D & angle? I want this two lines are perpendicular to each other then I assume the line outside the circle will become tangent to the circle.  

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what that parameter is, but I do know that when dealing with tangents, AstuteGraphics has a plug-in for that called SubScribe. Their plug-ins are free for 7 days I believe, so you can give it a try and see if it resolves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using this plug-in? If so, does it have many advantages? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has a lot of advantages. Crating tandents to two curves is a breeze with that plugin. Also Subscribe is licensed as a package with several other plugins. That whole package offers a lot of functionality. But you will have to look closely and check if you need them in that extent that it provides the added value to your individual workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a beginners I may not need this now but in the future I may need this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D is the length and the angle is the angle of the line. 0° would be horizontal to the right.

To get a perpendicular line to your radius, duplicate it and rotate by 90° around one of its endpoints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm whether I indicated correct D location & angle location. In second screenshot, what is meant by On and Line Extension ?

11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THose are annotations that indicate where you have clicked and what you are transforming.

Without knowing the angle of that radius line, nobody can tell whether the new line has the correct angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines