• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern brush changing spacing when applied

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am making a brush to line up stitching spacing. The spacing is the entire purpose of this. I carefully drew the stitch marks the appropriate length and angle and spaced them apart. After a lot of trial and error, I have one file that works, then tried to apply the same brush on another file and the spacing is completely squished. Could you look at what I'm doing and find the error of my ways??? Thank you!!!

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 1.22.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-03 at 2.05.28 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Thank you.

Your pattern is too long. Illustrator needs to compress it because it's longer than the path. With a pattern brush, you only need one repeat. Put an invisible rectangle in the background which marks the repeat.

You can also use the distance setting in the brush options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the Illustrator file that contains the objects in question?

Perhaps you've applied the brush to two paths with slightly different stroke weights, but I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make that file downloadable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Your pattern is too long. Illustrator needs to compress it because it's longer than the path. With a pattern brush, you only need one repeat. Put an invisible rectangle in the background which marks the repeat.

You can also use the distance setting in the brush options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant - that did it! Thank you so much - this moves my project along and I really appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Glad you could solve it and go on with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines