Pattern Brush Not Centered on Path

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly having a number of problems with pattern brushes. 

1) The scale of the brush shows up at 10% of what I create it as. So I need to use at 10pt line in order to see the pattern at the correct scale. 

2) The pattern brush does not remain centered on the path. When I make a rectangle it is centered, when I delete an anchor point suddenly the pattern shifts way off the line. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 11.14.13 AM.png

HELPPPPPPPPP

I have used illustrator at a professional level as a designer for 15 years. I use pattern brushes every day. I have NO CLUE what is going on. 

Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022
Are you using a large canvas document (one larger than 5.77m in width or height)?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a large canvas document (one larger than 5.77m in width or height)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My document is 14 Tabloid Size pages.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh WOW! All the artboards were in a row so the edge of the work area had disappeared. I created a new document with the artboards fitting properly and the problem seems to have resolved. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was about to go completely insane. I wish I could send you flowers and champagne. THANK YOU!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines