• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern moves with guides...

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a strange behaviour of a pattern I am using within Illustrator. I am currently preparing labels with this pattern and it should be at the same place on all labels (this pattern is based on big chestnuts which should be at the same place to create a nice and coherent drawing accross all labels). However, when II change rules origin (moving the 0 to any location in my workspace), the pattern is also moving within its object, whereas it is not selected at all. And I cannot go back and cancel this change. Is there any pref to change or is it a bug related to my pattern ? Thanks in advance for your help. Laurent.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it is a bug or that the behaviour is different from previous versions.

Patterns always have their origion at the zero point unless transformed.

You can try this:

Make sure that Paste Remembers Layers is Unchecked in the Layers Panel.

Make sure that Transform Both object and pattern is checked (in the Transform panel).

Cut the object with the pattern.

Move the Ruler origin.

Paste in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ton. I did not know that the patterns origin was at the zero point. It helps me to understand how it works and adapt my work accordingly. I use steps you recommanded and pattern stays in place.

Laurent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines