Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Pattern Swatches Have Disappeared after Update

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a pattern designer and rely heavily on being able to apply the patterns I've created to shapes using the swatches menu. I recently updated to the latest version of Illustrator. Since then, I've noticed that patterns I've created & saved in Illustrator are no longer present/accessible in the swatches menu of a given file (and neither are the colour swatches I've saved, for that matter). This means I can no longer draw a shape and fill it with a pattern I had created. Any suggestions on how to restore these swatches without having to re-design hundreds of patterns? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any AI file can be used as a library. Just open an older file that still has the patterns you need and copy paste from there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what Larry said, any Illustrator file that has swatches can be opened as a swatch library from the Swatches panel.

More about swatches:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/using-creating-swatches.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines