• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF appears light when placed into Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been having a problem with PDF's in Illustrator. I often draw line work drawings in AutoCAD and print that to PDF. Then I import the PDF into Illustrator so I can create graphical diagrams. The problem I'm having is that when I place the PDF into Illustrator, the PDF appears really faded. I always have to go back to CAD just to darken all my line work. The PDF's themselves look perfectly fine when I open them, but once I place them in Illustrator it looks faint. I noticed that if I place a white box behind everything, covering the entire art board, it helps make the PDF show up better, although even when I do that, it's still not as dark as it should be.

Any ideas??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the stroke weight.

Check the color of the line.

Check transparency settings.

You might need to change all of those: make the line thicker, change the color, change transparency.

Please don't expect your PDF to look exactly the same. Illustrator is not a general purpose PDF editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same issue. Even when I change my line weights, line colours and line thicknessess my image on Illustrator experiences minimal to no change but the changes on the initial export pdf are drastic. I can no longer increase or change any of my lines without distorting my lineweights. The image on illustrator is, however, alomst not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, changing the lines and colors in autocad didn't help.. any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The drawing is probably very large and you are zoomed out too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines