Copied

pen pressure does not work in illustrator 26.0 macOS m1 vs Wacom pro

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked if there are any updated drivers available for your Wacom? What Wacom model are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Wacom you have to check not only the newer drivers, but also the older ones. And then try them all out and hope for the best. If it's the right moon phase you might even have luck with their customer service.

Unfortunately it's not straightforward to install those tablets. So many settings have to be set up in a specific way in the system as well, because Mac OS is paranoid.

Her is help that might solve your issue

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html

Unfortunately it might still not work. Can you try if the Wacom 6D brushes from the brushes library work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hardly a Wacom issue; everything works fine on Windows machines, and for the most part on my M1 Mac as well. Illustrator is the only app in the case of the latter that refuses to acknowledge drivers. Affinity apps and all other creative software (including Adobe's) work perfect and recognize pen pressure with no issues whatsoever.

To put it mildly, your paying customers deserve better than this.

With all due respect, it's an Illustrator problem and I know I and many others would greatly appreciate if you guys would take the time to investigate further and offer a proper fix on your end rather than blame-shifting. Thanks in advance!

P.S. for what it's worth, I'm using a Cintiq 13 HD across all my machines. Which is by no means a new model of theirs, but very reliable nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines