• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure is greyed out in Illustrator on Wacom Tablet on macOS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything, none of the last three versions adobe illustrator application support pen pressure.

Apple Pro 6,1 / MacOs Montery 12.1 / Wacom cintiq pro 24p / Wacom Drivers 6.3.45-2 / illustrator 26.0.2 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried working with the Security and Privacy settings on the Mac? Here's an article from Wacom with specifics:

https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407257968663

Monterey includes security settings that can interfere with connected devices and other software. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try out if this helps you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/wacom-intuos-4-not-working-with-illustrator-c...

Most of the times you will have to install Illustrator 2020 to set up the necessary options. Please contact Customer Care asbout it: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Laura Coyle. and @Monika Gause many thanks to both of you.

I installed two previous versions of the program and driver, but the result did not change.

Only pressure does not work in the program, there is no problem in photoshop.

It was the feature of the illustrator that I used the most, it's really sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set up everything in your system in the way like described in that link I posted?

And is the driver installed like Wacom recommends?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've mentioned below: I've also noticed when I opened an older .ai that I created in 2020 which includes pen-pressure, my preset with pen-pressure is still working. But if I want to make changes to my brush, the option is still greyed-out. For the past weeks I've made multiple copies of my old .ai projects and deleted all layers just so I can start a new project with pen-pressure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

It fixes itself when I start the program using terminal.

incredible.

But will we always use it like this now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that you started Illustrator from terminal and it worked? How did you come accross this solution? I have heard more with this problem and not been able to fix other than starting from modifying Wacom 3D brushes (Which is a big limitation) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click Adobe Illustrator 2022.app "Show package contents" then run exec document. Illustrator running successfully. I don't know why this happens.

Ekran Resmi 2022-01-09 12.06.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried so many things that I don't remember the source of this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @levni Ersin , 

I've tried your method and it works for me, too. It did ask me for permission in connections to my Tablet, though. It's a weird work-around but at least it's something.

I've also noticed when I opened an older .ai that I created in 2020 which includes pen-pressure, my preset is still working (calligraphy with pen-pressure). But if I want to make changes to my brush, the option is still greyed-out.

Adobe seriously needs to fix this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so glad this worked for you, I didn't even know you could do that! But I hope Adobe and/or Wacom will have a better fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines