• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool Anchor Point

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the spacebar to refine an anchor point. When I hold down the anchor point and click on the space bar, nothing happens other than moving the entire artboard. I am using the pen for the Microsoft Surface Pro. Am I doing this incorrectly?

Can you also please explain the difference between using Alt and Ctrl with the pen tool? And how do you deselect the pen tool? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

To deselect the pen tool just select a different tool. To stop the drawing, press Esc or P

So you are trying to move the anchor point in the process of setting it? That's the only time when the spacebar will work in the intended way. It won't do that afterwards.

Conincidentally I have just made a video about the pen tool shortcuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fU5zh8BxgQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To deselect the pen tool just select a different tool. To stop the drawing, press Esc or P

So you are trying to move the anchor point in the process of setting it? That's the only time when the spacebar will work in the intended way. It won't do that afterwards.

Conincidentally I have just made a video about the pen tool shortcuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fU5zh8BxgQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines