• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question in regards to the pen tool. Is there a way to shorten the directional handles after selecting the anchor points? I noticed that when the handles get really and even when I drag them, the pen tool is not creating the shape that I want. Any advice? Thank you. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Hello @Christin273676092kqf,

Thanks for reaching out. Illustrator currently does not have this functionality. Would you mind checking if this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/46066834-add-a-modifier-key-to-pen-tool-to-constrain-ancho) matches your question and if yes upvoting and adding your comments?

Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not exactly sure what you mean, but the length of the directional handles directly relate to the curve of your shape. So if you have a rather small curve, the handles will be shorter than a larger curve. This is just the way that bezier curves work and there isn't a way to make the handles shorter without impacting the look of your shape.

But you said that you are not getting the shape you want, so this is just a matter of properly learning how to use the pen tool. You can correct the shape using the direct selection tool (white arrow). Perhaps this will help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tool-techniques/direct-selection-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Christin273676092kqf,

Thanks for reaching out. Illustrator currently does not have this functionality. Would you mind checking if this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/460...) matches your question and if yes upvoting and adding your comments?

Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

today morning i have updated Photoshop Beta 25.4.0,

until yesterday every thing was smooth, today after update i have noticed

the pen tool is not creating the shape, when i press Alt key while using pen tool show Eyedropper tool.

i can't select a object with pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines