• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen won't register when pressed down in illustrator.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i fixed my previous problem of not having the option of a pressure brush but now my brush when i press down it doesnt come out nothing is registered until after maybe 3 tries of swipping with my stylus not neccassarily 3 but nothing comes out on the first try making it random. this is a very major problem because it forces really bad lines that cant be like even sort of okay for my drawing, and guessing on when something will be registered makes it 10x worse. ive reinstalled illustrator and when i go to check my pressure sensitivity in the driver of my tablet it draws perfectly in the little box they give you to test it out which proves its not my tablet or pen. please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿Have you checked if there is an update avaliable for you pen or tablet?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have checked for my mac, nothing unfortunately, i also reinstalled it to maybe fix it but no luck. my tablet its the  huion HS64 (special edition).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to ask what might be a dumb question, but if you're on the Windows platform does the tablet require Windows Ink in order to get pressure sensitivity from the stylus?

I have a Wacom tablet and its pen pressure sensitivity does not work at all unless Windows Ink is activated. 99% of the time I have to leave Windows Ink disabled because a pen handwriting pop-up keeps jumping in the way whenever I click into a text entry field, such as this forum post for example. I prefer to write my text using a physical keyboard. I have zero interest in hand-writing the text into a pen text entry pop-up as if my full blown computer is a Samsung Note 5 or Apple Newton. The feature is stupid and needs to be disabled somehow. Within Windows' settings for Pen & Windows Ink there is a setting for "When I tap a text field with my pen, use handwriting to input text." There are two choices: "When the keyboard isn't attached" and "Only in tablet mode." Neither of these things disable the handwriting pop-up! My desktop PC at work and notebook PC at home both have physical keyboards. They're not tablets. The handwriting pop up still jumps in the way anyway. The situation is aggravating to the point of making me furious.

I also have an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil. It's possible to use the Apple Pencil to handwrite text into any text area and convert it to type. But the text entry feature is not turned on by default. And it is very easy to turn on/off in iOS Settings. Just go to the Apple Pencil category. There is a very simple on/off switch in those setting to enable or disable handwriting in text fields. Very easy. There is no excuse for Microsoft and Wacom to make doing the same thing on a Windows PC so freaking difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ther are a fix for Windows Ink and Photoshop and Wacom tablets
1:Create new text document

2. Write: UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save as: AIUserConfig.txt

4. Go to: C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator XX Settings\en_US\x64
Maybe this will work for AI to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oirginal text for PS:
1: Create new text document

2. Write: UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save as: PSUserConfig.txt

4. Go to: C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 20xx\Adobe Photoshop CC 20xx Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines