• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

perspective grid tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO, I'm having problems using the perspective grid tool. When I transfer a photo into a square the photo doesn't adjust the perspective, it gets distorted. Can anyone help? My Illustrator CS6 version on a Mac.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way (that I'm aware of) that a photo could adjust perspective. Could you please provide screenshots of your process and a step-by-step explanation of what you have done, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens?

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I have attached some photos for you to understand the problem better. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator's  perspective grid tool is only designed for use with vector art. Even then it has its limitations as it will not correctly "perspectiveize" a stroked line (you must change it first to a closed path using Offset path). If you want to change the perspective of a raster object (an image) try using Photoshop's perspective warp tool https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/perspective-warp.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I have attached some photos for you to understand the problem better. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Peter and Bill said, you cannot distort an image by dragging it into the Perspective grid.

But maybe this is a workaround:

Image in perspective.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this before, Bill. Even this part I know how to do but he distortion occurs. I have attached some photos for you to understand the problem better. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a workaround and not perfect. Maybe adding points to the envelope can improve it, but you will get better results with Photoshop (as Bill suggested).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Ton, this problem will not be possible with photoahop because I have to solve this dilemma using only Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean Ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tom, Can anyone help me? It's been a while since I posted my question and so far no Adobe professional can solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines