• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in must be updated or uninstalled AIToolBoxUI.aip

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get this warning when loading Illustrator 2021. Tried uninstall/reinstall through Creative Cloud and still getting the error. How can I do the recommended step, IE; update/uninstall the plugin?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Hello Anshul, thanks for the very quick answer.

I'd checked that my profile was the "root account", so that was not the issue.

This problem first occured around 25-26 August.

I don't recall doing any changes.

Instead of uninstalling or updating the AIToolBoxUI.aip I did rename it - and now it works fine again;) 

Regards, LindaMi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a third party plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012) & check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and would like to know how to do the recommended step, IE; update/uninstall the plugin? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would like to know if you tried the steps suggested above by @Ashutosh_Mishra? Also, I would request you to share a few more details along with the one asked by @Monika Gause:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Additionally, I suggest you try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following the steps mentioned in the help article shared, please take a look at this response (For Windows users only) (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24...).

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul, thanks for the very quick answer.

I'd checked that my profile was the "root account", so that was not the issue.

This problem first occured around 25-26 August.

I don't recall doing any changes.

Instead of uninstalling or updating the AIToolBoxUI.aip I did rename it - and now it works fine again;) 

Regards, LindaMi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you resolve the issue. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please i'm facing the same problem, how did you renamed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Etienne Rossi23541964e82r,

Sorry to hear about that. I assume that @LindaMi renamed the AIToolBoxUI.aip to XYZ.aip or AIToolBoxUI.aip.old and restarted the Illustrator, and that's how it got fixed.

I hope it helps!

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for the feedback, finaly I settled out the problem by installing all the visual pack and reinstall the software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines