Plugin or Extension - Working with URL Schemes

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a difficult question to ask, but i will do my best to ask this in the right way. Anyone with development experience please feel free to respond.

So i have only a url that i will recieve, and i need to use URL schemes to react to the data that is in the url that is passed to me. I can change the way it is sent to me, using URI's or other .js scripts that can be deployed in the browser. all of that aside, i basically need to cause a reaction from that url scheme. 

i know that adobe illustrator has a url scheme that is set by default : adbai:// --> and this will open illustrator no problem. 

knowing this, i figured i could call a url_scheme created from a plugins info.plist file - which seems to work when i add a single url scheme manually after overwriting the defualt info.plist file. 

i have attempted this while using an extension, a plugin, and a script, and the only thing that seems to be a solution is some form of plugin that has a c++ backing, whether that be a c++ plugin tied to a .jsx extension that communicated via eval scripts. i rather build it all out in c++ if this is the case. 

if i can use an extension and communicate with the browser somehow, then that would be ideal too. 

i am currently using a c++ plugin to attempt to do this in an up-to-date adobe illustrator 2022 program.

if anyone has any words of wisdom around this or any advice i would greatly appreciate it, as i am the only person working on this currently and only have about 3 weeks of c++ experience along with around 3 weeks of CEP framework experience. 

thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond to this post. 🙂 

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?