Possible Bug, Font Name Lacking a Space only in Adobe Illustrator, unable to use

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! 

Having an Issue where I need to use the Avenir Next family for a project, specificallywith Avenir Next Bold. 

Installed on my Windows 10 computer, the font is named "Avenir Next Bold" (with a space) 

When I open a file with this font in AI it shows as a missing font. When I go to Resolve Missing Fonts it is also listed as "AvenirNext Bold" (no space) in the system fonts. 

My friend on a Mac and my friend on a different Windows tried to open the same file and had no issues, but in both of their cases the font showed as "Avenir Next Bold"(with a space) 

I have reset my Adobe Illustrator preferences, but the issue remains. 

Any thoughts or guidance you could kindly share? 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you have another font with same, or similar, name loaded.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really all using the same font? And not just one with the same name?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the font given to you from someone on a Mac? I say that because your screen grab shows your font with a .ttc extension, which is a Mac-centric font format called a TrueType Collection. These do not work properly on Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the difference in the naming is expected.

What you are seeing in your list is the internal outline name for Avenir Next Bold, which is the part of the font that is sent to a printer, and because these internal names can't have spaces, is named "AvenirNext-Bold"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines