• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to customize default export settings?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have "use artboards" automatically selected as a default when exporting files from Illustrator? I keep forgetting to select it and it's frustrating!
Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not possible. But, when you use the newest version of Illustrator CC, you can better use File > Export for Screens if you want to export to PNG, JPG, SVG and even PDF. It's much more intuitive, and you won't forget to check the "use artboards" box I hope this'll help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very latest version of Illustrator and still have this same problem - so frustrating to remember to check that box every time. After all these years since this comment in 2017 how has it still not been made possible to default the artboard only setting as a preference?

The export for screens solution proposed here doesn't wotk for me as I need to save as high res.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is obnoxious. How is it that they don't allow for basic customizations like this, when we pay such outrageous monthly fees for the privilege of using their products?

Hey, adobe, listen to your custoemrs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want to do is have the default file type be .dxf instead of .png when I do an "export as" task.

They can't even get that right either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want my default export on my Mac (2022 version) to be SVG or the last used which would be SVG.
My Windows AI exports last used. 
I believe my 2019 Mac version of Illus. did export last used format. Why did they change this for 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  I don't think I can come up with a use case for NOT using the artboard.  Adobe, seriously, change this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines