Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences Read-Only error unresolved after following instructions

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.07.59 PM.png

I keep getting this error as I try to start up Illustrator. I went to the Preferences folder to change the permissions but found that it was already set to Read & Write, so i flipped it back to Read Only and then back again only to have this problem persist. Afterwards I decided to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator but that didn't work, then I restarted my computer and that didn't work.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.11.54 PM.png

Wanted also to show that both of these folders are set to Read & Write permissions but the application still will not open. If there's any more information you need let me know but I have not been able to figure this out at all.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Ended up finally figuring this one out, what I had to do was also click on the gear icon after unlocking the folder, and pressing "Apply to Enclosed Items." This was nowhere on the help page so would recommend updating that so that other people do not make the same mistake I do. I've also attached an image of the button I had to press.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 5.18.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ended up finally figuring this one out, what I had to do was also click on the gear icon after unlocking the folder, and pressing "Apply to Enclosed Items." This was nowhere on the help page so would recommend updating that so that other people do not make the same mistake I do. I've also attached an image of the button I had to press.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 5.18.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines