Preserve curved text box from Inkscape

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone else has been through this so I don't have to figure it out by trial and error lol

I have many inkscape files that contain curved text boxes. I'm wanting to use them in Illustrator and then create some automated actions to find and replace some parts of the text.

However, I keep running into the same problem no matter what I try. Whenever I open a file in Illustrator, the curved text is separated into individual text boxes for each character. I've tried linking the text boxes, and I'm able to edit the text but not use find and replace...

So far I've tried saving my Inkscape files as SVG, PDF, and EPS (and embedding fonts) before opening them in Illustrator.

Is there a way to do this? What am I missing?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are not functions of the file format, they are program-specific. Hence there is no way to retain any of that simply because AI works a lot different from Inkscape.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines