• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure sensitivity not working in Illustrator 2021/2022 M1 Max and Wacom tablet

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me get pressure sensitivity to work in illustrator. It works in photoshop with my wacom fine. I have tried using older drivers and latest drivers for wacom. I have made sure to have the right access in systems preferences->privacy.

I have tried every answer on this forum (short of installing 2020 because its not available). I've uninstalled drivers and illustrator to start fresh, nothing. I'm in a pinch and need it for a client project I'm on.

Any help for someone trying to get his tablet to work in illustrator?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From everything that's been said around here you will need to contact Customer Support and get them to do the reinstalling of AI 2020. It is needed to get the accessibilites set right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. I CANNOT make a new brush with pressure sensativity. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted and rebuilt preferences, deleted plugins, reinstalled plugins, tried both 2022 and 2021 versions of illustrator, tried everyone's work around, etc. Please adobe, fix this.

One work around I've found is if you open an older ai file where you had pressure sensativity on a brush, it will work. I just make a path with that brush on it and copy/paste it into a new project. It comes through that way, but I can't make a new one (I really want to make a square brush for painting).

Again, Please adobe, fix this. - iMac, Wacom Cintiq 24P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care to get access to version 2020.

Then you can set a specific option in your system to use the pressure in other versions as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/wacom-intuos-4-not-working-with-illustrator-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried. I can't find a contact option that isn't sales. I even message someone from Adobe on the forum who explicitly said to message him for a link a month ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines