• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pressure sensitivity not working in illustrator 26.5 on windows 10 with wacom

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, as many others keep complaining about, the pressure sensitivity is not working in illustrator 26.5 on windows 10 with wacom cintiq 22 tablet. Ive tried every possible solution on these forums to no avail. Including changing size from fixed to pressure, making sure enable wacom is checked, reinstalling wacom drivers, reinstalling adobe, disabling windows pen and ink setting and flicks. I don't know what else to do and frankly I'm very upset that this is a chronic issue. I've heard that using an older version of illustrator works but I don't know how to get an older version. This is ridiculous. Every other program works just fine! What is going on?! 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app you can install an older version (but only the one directly before the current one).

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah so I tried installing older versions and it still doesn't work. Adobe seems so negligent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.
Tried absoluetely everything.

On a tight deadline so I even signed up for astropad to use my ipad as an emergency tablet but pressure sensitivity doesn't work via that option either.

Costing me money at this point and my aggrivation levels are high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case this is useful info, I went into the office to use my cintiq 27qhd which DOES work with pressure sensitivity in AI.

The drawing tablet I was using at home is an incredibly old Bamboo (10+years) and runs on old drivers.

So, wondering if the issue is AI not playing nice with legacy drivers.

Very frustrating as the bamboo is still great and is my go to mobile option when working at home and it doesn't run on the newer wacom drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHich system are you using? On Windows Windows Ink tends to interfere with graphic tablets. On the Mac you have to set up the system that Illustrator is allowed to play with external devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Windows but I've tried messing with ink to no avail.

Pressure sensitivity works in all the othe adobe programs I've tried, just not illustrator.

Apart from rolling back to an older version, if it's on the adobe support portal somewhere, I've tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines