• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure settings on calligraphic brush no longer available, ongoing problem since 2011?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently discovered an issue within Adobe illustrator relating to the pressure option in brush settings.

For several months now I have been using my Wacom Intuos tablet with Illustrator without issue until last night. I usually create a new calligraphic brush and set the size option from fixed to pressure, I use this along with the blob brush tool using the same setting and switch between the two brushes to line and fill artwork. Last night when switching from one to the other I realised the pressure setting was unresponsive, I opened the brush setting thinking it may need to be reset only to find all brush options greyed out except fixed and random. I was too tired at the time so I shut down and hoped the problem would be rectified in the morning.

Today I have spent around 5 hours uninstalling and updating programs, drivers and software for both creative cloud, illustrator and wacom tablet. I am now running the latest version of a clean install of illustrator CC, and have uninstalled all wacom programmes from my computer to reinstall Wacom desktop center and an up to date driver. Details below:

Wacom - Windows - Driver 6.3.22-6

Adobe Illustrator - 2017.1.0 Release - 21.1.0(64bit)

I have looked up various forums and support sites trying to find a resolve to this problem and I am shocked that this issue appears to go back as far as 2011 in some posts and there is no official support on the issue. The solves all seem to be a trial and error of deleting and installing the illustrator program and wacom drivers until it works again. At this rate I am now behind on work and the way I have enjoyed using the program that I pay for is now unavailable to me, this is extremely frustrating and I would really apreciate if someone has a genuine fix for this rather than to just keep messing about with uninstalls for the next several hours or days. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Are you not able to change your size form fixed to Random??? Something must be corrupted and if you uninstall and do not use the Adobe cleaner you old prefs are still there. Rather than uninstall try this

Reset Your Preferences.

Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when restarting AI on a Mac or Alt-Crtl-Shift on a PC to reset to the defaults.

More Thorough Reset Your Preferences.

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 21 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Il

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Adobe is awful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines