PRINT BANNER - BLEED

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I ´d like to ask you. I am going to print the banner with the size 3m= 9ft 10.11024in x 4ft 11.05512in. It is made in 1:10, but I am not sure what size should have the bleeds to be correctly printed. Thank you! Petra

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Usually, it is not necessarily more than 5mm of bleed. You can use more if you have dubs, the prepress guys can crop it. Or you can ask the printer.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used 3 mm, and they told me that is not enough, but they did not specify absolutely how much it should be. So do you think that 5 mm? It is a big banner, I am affraid if it is ok.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will need to tell you exactly how much. And then you will have to add that to the overall size of the artwork. It possible cannot be set up as bleed.

Ask them for exact directions on how to set up the artwork. Only they know what they need.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both. 🙂 I better contact them again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in doubt, you can work with extra bleed, the prepress guy can mask the bleed if it is too much. However, if you can, better ask to the printer.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions